Over 47% of Azerbaijani citizens visited Turkey in 2021

21.01.2022,14:48


January 21, Fineko/abc.az. The State Statistics Committee has disseminated information about the general decrease in the number of people traveling abroad from Azerbaijan in 2021.

ABC.AZ reports that the number of Azerbaijani citizens who left for Iran decreased by 80.6% and for Georgia by 75.3% last year.

In 2021, 47.3% of the total number of Azerbaijani citizens traveling abroad visited Turkey, 24.3% - Russia, 7.8% - Georgia, 6.8% - Iran, 13.8% - other countries.

Men made up 66.3% of those leaving, women - 33.7%.

In 2021, 68.8% of Azerbaijani citizens who visited foreign countries used air transport, 28% - rail and road, 3.2% - sea transport.