November 22, Fineko/abc.az. President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov of Turkmenistan an extended format meeting with his Azerbaijani counterpart Ilham Aliyev on 22 November.
Turkmen state news agency reports that welcoming the colleague and members of his delegation, Berdimukhamedov thanked for the accepted invitation to visit Turkmenistan with an official visit.
"The Azerbaijani leader’s visit is considered as a logical continuation of the consistent actions of the parties, aimed at further strengthening of friendship, good-neighbourliness and cooperation between fraternal peoples, expansion and diversification of interstate trade and economic partnership, strengthening of cooperation in the political and diplomatic sphere in bilateral and other formats, and within the framework of international organizations," the Turkmen president said.
During negotiations the sides noted that Turkmen-Azerbaijani partnership is an effective factor in responding to such actual threats and challenges as international terrorism, drug trafficking, and cross-border crime. The parties covered aspects of increasing cooperation in trade and economic sphere, fuel and energy complex, diversification of transport flows, inclusion of new countries and regions in the geography of routes, and cooperation in the humanitarian field.
The ceremony of signing of bilateral documents was held at the end of negotiations.
Thus, the following bilateral documents were signed in the presence of the heads of state:
- Agreement between the two countries’ governments on long-term trade & economic cooperation;
- Program of trade & economic cooperation between the governments for 2019-2021;
- Agreement between governments on the promotion & mutual protection of investments;
- Agreement between governments to eliminate double taxation on income & property taxes;
- Agreement on cooperation in the field of industry;
- Program of cooperation in the field of transport between governments for 2019-2022;
- Agreement between the governments on the establishment of the Turkmen-Azerbaijani Joint Commission on Transport, Transit & Logistics;
- Agreement between the governments on development of international maritime transport through the ports of the two countries;
- Agreement on visa facilitation for participants of international transportation on the territory of Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan;
- Program of cooperation between governments in the field of science, education, culture and the arts for 2019-2021;
- Agreement between Turkmenbashi international sea port and Baku international sea trade port on automated information exchange;
- Agreement on transport & transit between the Ministry of Railway Transport of Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan Railways;
- Agreement between the State Service of Sea & River Transport of Turkmenistan and Baku International Sea Trade Port on increasing cargo transshipment between the Turkmenbashi international sea port and the Baku port;
- Agreement between the Ministry of Road Transport of Turkmenistan and the Ministry of Transport, Communications & High Technologies of Azerbaijan on the development of international road transport;
- Agreement between the State Maritime & River Transport Service of Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan Caspian Shipping Company on the development of maritime trade shipping;
- Cooperation agreement between the Academy of Sciences of Turkmenistan and the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan;
- Agreement between the State Customs Service of Turkmenistan and the State Customs Committee of Azerbaijan on the organization of exchange of preliminary information on goods and vehicles transported between Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan;
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Union of Industrialists & Entrepreneurs of Turkmenistan and the National Confederation of Entrepreneurs (Employers) of Azerbaijan;
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Institute of International Relations of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan and the ADA University of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan;
- Memorandum of Understanding between the International University of Humanities & Development (Turkmenistan) and ADA University (Azerbaijan).
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev has signed the law on the approval of Protocol #1 between the Azerbaijani and Turkish governments on the amendments to the Agreement signed in Baku on 25 February 2020 on mutual visa exemption between the two countries’ governments
26 February 2021 | 17:54
26 February 2021 | 17:37
26 February 2021 | 17:36
26 February 2021 | 17:23
26 February 2021 | 17:11
26 February 2021 | 17:00
26 February 2021 | 17:00
26 February 2021 | 16:14
26 February 2021 | 16:11
26 February 2021 | 15:58
26 February 2021 | 15:57
26 February 2021 | 15:17
26 February 2021 | 14:45
26 February 2021 | 12:57