330x110
 

List of countries on which inbound tourist rate became less

22.06.2020,17:11


June 22, Fineko/abc.az. The State Border Service has published statistics on tourists who arrived in Azerbaijan for Jan- May 2020.

ABC.AZ reports that in total, the number of arrivals from EU member states decreased by 3.4 times to 16,200 people, from the Gulf countries by 2.2 times to 75,300 people, and from the CIS countries by 1.9 times to 205,400 people.

66.9% of foreigners and stateless persons arrived in Azerbaijan by rail and road, 31.6% by air, and 1.5% by sea.

Compared with Jan-May of 2019, the number of Azerbaijani citizens going abroad decreased by 2.2 times to 958,800. 33.5% of the citizens visited Iran 29.7% - Georgia, 20.4% - the Russian Federation, 9.6% - Turkey, 6.8% - other countries. 69.3% of those leaving were men and 30.7% were women. Over the reported term the number of Azerbaijani citizens who visited Iran decreased by 2.5 times, Turkey by 2.2 times, Georgia by 2 times, and the Russian Federation by 1.9 times.

For Jan-May 2020, 82% of citizens of Azerbaijan who visited foreign countries traveled by rail and road, 16.4% by air, and 1.6% by sea.