330x110
 

Remaining part of subsidy on farm card to be available next year

25.12.2020,12:01


December 25, Fineko/abc.az. Part of the subsidy paid to agricultural producers in Azerbaijan in 2020, remaining on the farm card, will be available in 2021.

ABC.AZ reports with reference to the Agency for Agricultural Lending & Development (AKIA) that in order to be able to use the remaining funds next year, the Farm Card must be active.

 “If a farmer took a farm card opened in his name from the bank and activated it, then he will be able to use the remaining funds on the card next year, otherwise the funds will be debited from the card. For this reason, AKIA appeals to farmers and encourages them to activate the farm card opened in their name by taking it from the bank. According to the new rules, only 25% of subsidies paid to farmers for planting can be cashed out, and the remaining 75% farmers buy seeds, seedlings, fertilizers and pesticides for planting, making payments through POS terminals provided to suppliers,” the Agency said.