Data unveiled on Azerbaijan's share in gas imported in Türkiye in 2023

17:16 - 20.06.2024


June 20, Fineko/abc.az. Natural gas imports in Türkiye decreased by 7.64% last year compared with 2022 to 50.48 bcm.

ABC.AZ reports that 71.73% of the natural gas imported by Türkiye in 2023, i.e. 36.21 bcm through pipelines, and the remaining 14.27 bcm, i.e. 28.27%, were purchased in the form of liquefied natural gas (LNG).

Last year, 66.39% of natural gas imports were carried out under a long-term import license, and 33.61% were on a spot basis.

During this period, Türkiye imported natural gas from 21 countries. In natural gas imports, Russia took 1st place with a share of 42.27%, Azerbaijan - 2nd with a share of 20.32%, Algeria - 3rd with a share of 11.86%, Iran - 4th with a share of 10.71% and the United States - 5th with a share of 7.95%.

90.45% of total imports were carried out by Botas, 3.43% - Akfel Gaz Industrial & Trade AS, 2.77% - Bosphorus Gaz, 1.98% - Kibar Energy, 0.97% - SOCAR Energy, 0.39% - Ege Gaz AS.

Türkiye imported 10.257 bcm of natural gas from Azerbaijan last year, according to the annual report of the natural gas sector of the Turkish Energy Market Regulatory Authority (EPDK). The import of spot pipeline gas from Azerbaijan was carried out by Botas and SOCAR Energy.